At Step by Step we hold high aspirations for our pupils and constantly strive for them to achieve the best outcomes for lifelong learning. Our pupil progress during our June 2018 inspection was rated as ‘outstanding’.
We are a data rich school and use a variety of measures to record and demonstrate progress. These include:
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Personalised Learning Plan (PLP) target tracking
- Multi-disciplinary moderation meetings with Head, Teacher- in-charge, Senior Behaviour Analysts, Class Leaders, Teachers, Occupational Therapist, and Speech and Language Therapist
- Progress across five Priority Learning Areas of Communication, Behaviour, Social Skills, Community Participation and Independent Living Skills
- Setting, and progress towards, a ‘super goal’
- Lesson Observations
- Assessment for Living Skills (AFLS) and or The Verbal Behaviour Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VBMAPP)
- Parent Feedback
Please click here to see our pupil progress summary for 2019-2020.